Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Netflix series we love

1. BBC productions of Dickens. Bleak House with Gillian Anderson is fabulous. We also liked Our Mutual Friend and Little Dorritt was great as well.

2. Lark Rise to Candleford. Starts slow, picks up.

3. Foyles War.

4. All the Poirots mysteries.

5. Monk.

6. The Elizabeth Gaskill ones. North and South. Wives and Daughters. And Cranford, which I forgot to add.

7. Victoria and Albert (two disks). We thought it was good.

8. Berkeley Square . . . We just can't seen to get enough of turn of the century British drama.

Anyone else have any series suggestions? I'll do documentaries and movies in other posts.


4 comments:

Sue Anne said...

I loved, loved, loved Foyle's War. I was so bummed when it was finished.

Have you guys done Downton Abbey yet? It's awesome.

Sea Star said...

We have enjoyed Psych which is sort of quirky like Monk.

Don't miss the Cranford series. But maybe that was just left off your Elizabeth Gaskell list.

Have you watched all the Horatio Hornblower movies. We dig those out every once in awhile.

And of course the old Jeeves and Wooster is great for a laugh. Very silly!

Definetly watch Downton Abby. And I guess PBS is remaking Upstairs Downstairs. It is on Masterpiece classics right now and should be out on disk shortly after it has been played.

We don't get any TV reception so we always have to wait until Netflix decides to get the disks or even better yet when they go on instant watch.

I think I am going to add Foyles war back into my queue. I haven't seen the first seasons in a long long time.

katy said...

Have you seen "Lost in Austen"? It ran as a miniseries on BBC, and Netflix has it as a movie.

Another Netflix movie pick: "The Tunnel" (German flick).

Love N&S and W&D. Got FW for my brother on your recommendation. Will have to check out the others!

Sue Anne said...

A huge second vote for Lost in Austen. I totally forgot about that one. It's *fantastic*. :)