Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference

Didn't you just love Conference? And was my husband the only one who grinned at his wife (me) when Elder Scott told the story about how his wife asked him to please go play with the children? Someday, another post will be about conversations I think we're all having with our spouses and kids. Different houses. Different times. Different people. Different places. Same conversations.

And President Uchdorft's reference to the fact he didn't make an aviation analogy. Hilarious!

It wasn't just the amusing that touched me, although it did feel good to laugh well at clever things.

I was really touched by how many people shared experiences of brave/amazing/inspiring children who have endured medical mania and touched the lives of those who care for them. I loved the story about the patient who asks, "Will I be different after this treatment?" and the reply is, "Yes, you will. You will be stronger. You will be awesome!"---I'll find the real quote for you when text is available this week.

Like my sister Liz, I was reminded to behold my little ones. To treasure these moments I have with my children. To soak it up. To make my home a place where they know they are loved and wanted. To help happiness to permeate into their souls. To let their souls permeate their light out to me. To help them feel the love that God has for them.

Conference was indeed a feast for me.


1 comment:

Laura Oler said...

I kept looking at Mitch during Elder Scott's talk, and he finally said, you're going to print this one and put it on my pillow, aren't you?! No, I have never done that, but I said yes, with highlights! We definitely enjoyed conference, and Sunday afternoon when I am usually a little done with conference, was my favorite session. Can't wait to get it in print.