Saturday, November 17, 2012

Finding the words for thanks


Thank you, all, for your kind comments about the loss of our little one. I am healing. Still mourning, but healing. We truly wanted another child. It was heart-breaking to witness this child pass from us. 

Someday if I can find the words, I will write more about my heart and what it has learned through this experience. At my 12 week ultrasound we knew that baby would not make it to term, and I choose to carry her knowing this pregnancy would not end in a birth. It was truly a privilege to carry our daughter even knowing her little body couldn't make it.

I have had so many loving and kind women succor and love me through this journey. Miscarriage is world I knew nothing about and so many loving women shared with me their stories of losses and longings of their own. A long-time friend told me (she lost her baby to stillbirth) about the sisterhood between women who shared their stories of loss with her: "It's the sweetest sisterhood I wish I was never a part of." 

My thoughts exactly. So thank you. 

1 comment:

LizzyP said...

I love you so much.