Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A heavy heart

July. It was the end of July when I posted last. I was hideously morning sick.

Can't-get-out-of-bed sick.

When-will-it-end sick.

Good-thing-I-want-a-baby sick.

Someday-I-will-do-more-than-stare-at-this-bucket sick.

I wish I were still sick.

Because I wish I were still pregnant.

There are no words to convey the joy I feel when I make the announcement that I am expecting another child. As there are no words to convey the sorrow when the pregnancy has ended too early and the longed-for, much wanted, much adored (already!) baby is gone. I carried our little girl for 17 weeks and then learned (via ultrasound results) that our baby had passed away.

Un-met. Un-cuddled. But loved all the same.

Flutter home, little butterfly. Loving arms send you back. And loving arms will receive you there.

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

Add me to the list of people who love that little girl. I love you too. Hope your heart heals soon.

Melody said...

Oh, Deborah, how heartbreaking. I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Meg said...

I know we don't really know each other, but it still makes me hurt to hear that you lost your baby. I'm hurting for you and with you, wishing you didn't have to go through this.

Jen said...

I got the news from your mom. So sorry to hear! I know how much you love her. She'll be lucky to have you raise her someday. In the meantime, take care of yourself!

Malissa said...

Deborah, I should have read this post first. Sorry to hear about your precious little one.keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. (((( hug))))