Friday, June 22, 2012

Courageous, the movie

So I'm on a Christian movie kick . . . it came after my British mystery kick . . . my Monk phase . . . my foreign film phase . . . after I saw The Shunning, I was intrigued to watch more movies by the same filmmakers.

Courageous is the latest on my list. And I would recommend it. It's about four police officers, fighting crime and saving the day. But the real heroes they become are when the decide to make fatherhood, and being good fathers, the priority in their lives.

Yes the script is sometimes cheesy. Yes the acting is occasionally too forced.

But the message is fantastic. Fatherhood is important---man up, take responsibility and be a good dad. Inspiring to see a movie with this message.

It's police work, so there's some violence. A true PG-13, too much for kids. But I thought it was worth watching for adults.

No comments: