Thursday, March 29, 2012

Life After Magic Treehouse, Take One

I gave my oldest son the Magic Treehouse books, the complete set, for Christmas. Along with all the A to Z Mysteries by Rob Roy. There you go, 75 books. That should hold ya.

He came to me around Valentine's Day and told me he had read them all.

Drat. Now what do I do?

So I begin my Life After Magic Treehouse quest. Started him on Magic Schoolbus and Boxcar Children and the Puppy Place series. And started asking around for what do after that. So here's a list from my friend Kristen, who has five children older than my Jacob. She's a good source. Here are her suggestions as to what her oldest son liked. She wrote:

He was reading Harry Potter by the first grade. He liked mysteries, so he read a lot of Boxcar Children, Hardy Boys, Cam Jansen, Secrets of Droon, Bailey School Kids (I think that's right), maybe some Geronimo Stilton. Maybe not quite 6th grade, but there are a lot of them to keep him busy. He liked the Choose your own adventure books too and Encyclopedia Brown. He also liked the Redwall books -- very long books and he liked them so much he dressed up as one of the characters for Halloween in 1st or 2nd grade ( which of course no one knew who he was.) Maybe more for girls, but the Ramona books and Junie B. Jones are fun.

No comments: