Thursday, October 2, 2014

90's Fashion Flashbacks with denim and plaid

Is anyone else having fashion flashbacks to the early 90's? I'm seeing plaid shirts and "casual" sweatshirts (I'm sure I had one of those in aqua) and bold sweater patterns. And denim and chambray and denim and chambray. And I'm feeling these pangs of. . . haven't I been here before?

The denim thing is what really gets me because there was a time in the 90's when it was very popular to dress the whole extended family in a denim shirt and take a family picture. There are some families in some places (Idaho, let's be real, I'm talking about Idaho) who hung onto this for a long time. Like until last year. And now

TADA!

they are in style again.

Just get that denim shirt from the closet, now it's in style!

I think I had enough denim and chambray and that's why I'm having a tough time embracing it.

The denim shirtdress, I notice, is extremely trendy. Talbots has one, Lands End has one, Gap has two that look very denim shirtdressy . . .

And I'm just so confused. It all edges way, way too close to denim jumper.

Which I avoided the first time around.

Please. Comment. Tell me I'm not alone.

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

HUGE fan of denim on denim and plaid. I'd also own a chunky cozy sweater or two if it weren't so darn hot here. Embrace this one. It's good.

Meg said...

The funny thing about this to me is it's getting much harder to find a pair of plain old denim jeans. But you can find tons of denim shirt dresses, shirts, and dresses.

As for shirt dresses, they are a style that has always baffled me. It looks like you forgot to put your pants on. Why would you want to go out like that? Why?