Monday, July 9, 2012

The winner is What Alice Forgot

So the winner of the 2012 Books and Beaches Best Discovered Book of the Year is What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. It's good. Funny. Well written. Witty. Touching. Memorable.

Bet you didn't even know there was a BAB BDB of the year award. But there is. Guernsey's on it. These is my Words is on it . . . and now What Alice Forgot.

Find a copy. You will like it. All of you will like it.

Laura, yes on book club read. I think your mom will like it, too. Jenny, this is another good book worth reading for one of the very last paragraphs . . .

You'll all know when you find THE paragraph. It's at the end. It's about marriage, and what having a good marriage is. You'll know it when you find it because you will think, "YES! That is true."

Great recommendation, Mel. I can see why your book club discussed it for two hours. Wish I would have been there.


3 comments:

Sea Star said...

I just finished this book a few days ago. I did enjoy it.

I do have to say I almost put it away after a few pages because it used the F word a few times. But I am really glad I just moved right over those expletives and enjoyed the story.

And I do know exactly what paragraph you are referring to. The end of the book makes the whole book worth the read!

I have already recommended it to others!

Melody said...

I feel like I just won a major award. So glad you liked it, Deborah! I loved What Alice Forgot because it's fun and a bit fluffy in parts, but it also digs really deep into what marriage and family is (or should be, and what it becomes instead). It prompts a lot of self-examination, and some self-flagellation, which I think is a good thing.

Deborah A. said...

Amen on the self-flagellation (and that being a good thing). Remember the line, "When did we start talking so cranky to each other"? Yeah. Right there. Got me right there.