Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Flipped and American Experience: Dolly Madison

Two good movies to check out. I found these on Netflix.

1. Flipped. Cute, innocent, clean little coming-of-age romance. This is what I will watch with my daughter when she's 12 and is home on the weekends because 12 is too young to have a social life, and still young enough to enjoy Movie Nights With Mom. Put it right next to Anne of Green Gables and Ever After. Just such a nice movie with universal appeal. I recommended it to my sister and she watched it and loved it. This is one of those movies people mean when they say, "There are good, clean movies out there, I know there are." Good. Clean. Funny. Delightful. Great way to spend an hour or two.

2. American Experience: Dolly Madison. I knew nothing about Dolly Madison, wife of president Madison. Fascination little documentary, interesting, clever, informative. Really good for anyone who has any inkling of interest in American history. Had I been able to watch this instead of hearing a lecture about the War of 1812, I may have actually been interested. This is how history should be taught and learned. Great stuff.

No comments: