Wednesday, September 9, 2009

After a long hiatus, it's not even about books

TADA! I'm finally posting again. I've been out on maternity leave: not a baby now, but one coming early next spring (or late winter---is March spring or winter? It's certainly spring where we live. But in North Dakota, it's probably still winter). At any rate, it's been quite a first trimester, and I haven't been blogging. I have been reading, and I'll update you on that soon, but I wanted to do another random post of the things that our family has been reviewing: all the ready made frozen foods from Trader Joes. Here's what we thought:

1. Their pizza. Not bad. I'm not a pizza person anyway, but this is passable. I give it a 7.

2. Frozen burritos (with salsa verde). Eric was so unimpressed, I didn't even try them. 4.

3. The chow mein. Too syrupy. 5.

4. The chicken empanadas. Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. These were great. The boys didn't want them---too bad, more for us. 9.

We've also been eating a lot of ready-made frozen pot pie from Save Mart. 6.

And Eric's meal of choice to feed the boys is Costco corn dogs. I give them a 2 (blech), but the boys (all my boys) adore them and would give them closer to an 8.

There you go. I'm signing off now. Even writing this blog post is making me queasy.

I hope my body gets the message that my second trimester is upon us. It's about time.

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

good to know. glad mine isn't the only home where nutrition flies out the window as soon as i became pregnant (what am I saying...three months later we're still buying Costco's frozen pizza on a regular basis. yummm) & eating cereal for dinner.

Sea Star said...

Congrats on a soon to come baby. I know... not soon enough. March sounds so far away but... it will come.

LizzyP said...

Corn dogs? We've totally been down that road in our house. But it makes the boys happy and that makes me happy.

katy said...

My newest TJs food discovery: Bavarian Chocolate Pudding. It's like mousse. And you can convince yourself it is a healthy dessert, too. I mean, the baby needs calcium, right?

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Stacey said...

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when I'm pregnant, corn dogs are a 10 in my book. Strange, I know, but it was something I could tolerate during the first trimester of all three pregnancies. And my mom craved them also when she was pregnant with me...

One of our favorite TJs frozen foods are the chicken fajitas. Add some extra chicken to it, though. Glad you're hanging in there!