Monday, May 23, 2011

What was that? Flying clothes?

I was in the mood for some good historical fiction. True to the times, insightful about the conflict, solid research on dress of the age, interesting characters, and good acting. I put the Civil War North and South on our queue and hoped for the best.

Boy, that was a mistake. There were just too many clothes flying off of people. Not squeaky clean for my taste, that's for sure.

So I'm going to try for something else. And hope my next copies of Lark Rise to Candleford, Season Three get here soon.


1 comment:

LizzyP said...

Hey, I've been to Boone Hall where that was filmed outside of Charleston, SC.

Bummer. I've always wanted to look into North and South. Now I won't.

Similarly, I wish I had good things to say about the Forsyte Saga. I'm not a fan of its message to leave your spouse if you find someone you love more. I didn't watch more than the first two episodes, but I read their summaries and I wasn't convinced that fornication would cease.