Sunday, May 25, 2008

Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies

I just finished Miep Gies's book, Anne Frank Remembered. Fabulous. Read it.

Gies is the woman who helped hide Anne Frank and her family in WWII. I must admit, first off, that I've never read A Diary of Anne Frank---it's one of those books like Man's Search for Meaning (haven't read that either) that has changed the life of other people but that I haven't gotten around to yet.

I'm glad I started with this one. My friend Pat loaned it to me and now it's on my list of books to buy. This one I need on my shelves. Fabulous insights into the lives of people in Holland during the occupation of the Germans.

From her writing, I can tell that I would've liked Gies in person. Strong. Opinionated. Doing good in her own realm. I think we could've been great friends.

5 stars. Excellent. Find a copy and begin.

No comments: